Social Media Strategist
- Platinum Innovation Group
- Expertise in social media strategies, technologies, platforms, services and measurement techniques (3+ years)
- Demonstrated experience creating and executing a social media strategy that builds fan base, increases engagement and drives conversion
- Analytical-minded and well-versed with social analytical tools and reporting
- Strong copywriting skills leveraging SEO / SMO techniques
- Extensive experience in social media copywriting & community management
- Must be a “self-starter” with the ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision
- For this position, I think gaining more experience with SEO/SMO would give me the biggest advantage as a candidate. Social media/creating social media content is a skill I already list on my resume and I believe that increasing my analytics skills would help tremendously and open up the door for other jobs.
Social Marketing Content Provider
- Olympia Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or business required.
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technology universe (i.e.: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Computer proficiency in Photo Shop, In-Design, HTML, switch file converters and file transfer protocols sites and Microsoft Office.
- I think just gaining more experience in the advertising/PR field would make me a more legitimate candidate for this position. I possess most of the skills required, but where I lack most is experience — using my personal skillset in a professional setting, in my opinion, would make me more attractive to the employer.
Account Executive, Social Media
- Identity Marketing & Public Relations
- Highly motivated, driven and goal-oriented.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and elevated focus on client service and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, with an ability to confidently present to large and small groups.
- Self-starter and accountable; ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- I think this job would be ideal for me. I fulfill most of the requirements, both professionally and personally, and feel that the work would be something I could complete to the best of my abilities. However, experience again is the red flag, for a minimum of three years of related experience is a plus.
Marketing & Social Media Manager
- Harper Associates
- Bachelor degree required : Marketing or Business degree preferred
- At least three years of marketing experience
- High level proficiency in design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience in Social Media Marketing including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snap Chat, etc.
- To become a better candidate for this position, I think I would need to enhance my skills with Adobe. I enjoy graphic design and am familiar with Abode Creative Suite, but my knowledge is still limited.
- The Mars Agency
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, business or related field
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage time, adhere to strict timelines, multitask and work well under pressure
- This is another position that would interest me as a post-graduation landing spot. Although I lack the experience, the job duties are right up my alley. Much like some of the previously mentioned positions, I believe that actual agency experience would allow me to carry out these duties well.
Marketing (Social Media) Manager
- 4th Arrow
- 3-5 years marketing experience, with emphasis on social media management.
- Have a passion for marketing and web marketing tactics.
- Some travel required, openness to attend trade shows.
- I think this is another position that would be a good landing spot after graduation. The responsibilities require more basic/entry-level digital skills, and again, more professional experience would make me a legitimate candidate for this position.
Digital Account Manager – Social Media
- TMP WORLDWIDE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ year of social media marketing experience including blogging, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Experience managing a brand’s social media presence
- Previous experience writing for brands
- Other than the fact that this position is in Chicago, I think it would be a great job for me in terms of its responsibilities. Obviously I would need to research more about the company, but at first glance it seems like it’a a more tech company rather than an agency.
Social Media Producer
- Digital Media Management
- 1 to 3 years experience
- Candidate must be comfortable with travel as this position requires frequent travel for 1-2 weeks at a time.
- Must live in or near New York City.
- This position seems like it would allow me to utilize my skills very well. The obvious setback is that I don’t live in New York City (although I would love to) I lack the experience desired.
Social Media Coordinator
- Jerrick Media
- Be proficient in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Have a bachelor’s degree.
- Have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Yet another social media position that I would be interested in applying for. Social media/digital content is what I have worked the most with and is what I want to do after graduation. However, my experience with social media analytics is limited and I feel that gaining experience with that could help me land this position.
- Porter Novelli
- Minimum of seven years experience in the public relations industry.
- Demonstrate expertise in areas of: strategic program planning, managing program implementation, media relations success, budget and project management, staff time allocation, and staff mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, journalism, English, or public relations-related focus.
- I saved this position for last because it closely resembles my ideal job. I want to work for a respected public relations firm in a bigger city. I’m aware that landing a job like this isn’t realistic directly after college, there will be a lot I need to work on in order to have a chance — increase my SEO and analytics knowledge, enhance my leadership and teamwork abilities and gain more professional experience, to name a few.